Monday, April 13, 2009

[weeks 1,2 and 3]

Photobucket
Week UNO: WOW! This is the true story of 14 strangers, staying in the same hotel, learning what a mobile tour is to start a new adventure all over the nation. The Real World.... [risas]. It was really intense, we had only one week to learn EVERYTHING about being on tour, represent this company and know what to do in numerous scenarios. Kudos to the agency, it was amazingly well organized, and so scheduled, almost perfect, and trust me I've been in trainings, but this one was "hella training". I guess this is when we all started to get to know each other and the weird thing is that we all click with each other instantly. There's obviously people that you wonder about them, but that's it. The office is located in a gorgeous area in Downtown Chi Town, and we stayed from Sunday March 23rd to that thursday...I have no clue what they was it [update needed here]. Then we went to the middle of nowhere, New Berlin, Wisconsin, population: 2,760 [bang!!!! gun shot] 2,759 [risas]. This part was basically learn the physical "stuff" about the job, manage the truck and trailer we will be using for the next nine months and the "event site" we will be setting up on each event. It was pretty hard, we had 4 days to learn everything really fast, which systematically, we did and damn! what a good truck driver I am! The fun aspect? we had a Wings restaurant/bar, where we [sighs] lived so many crazy moments, including a small accident I experienced the very last night [thanks 2 u!!!!! LOL] Lot of snow, rain, cold cold cold, ohh yeah, freezing! last day of training was that sunday, and it was probably one of the saddest moments I've experienced, I wanted to keep having great moments with all this kids I met, but we all had to part ways to our respectives zones. Leslie is the name of my partner, great girl from Florida who I'm having currently the best time ever.

Week DEUX: Ok, here is where all that info you literally swallowed! has to be applied. Not a big deal. The monday after, we started our drive from Wisconsin to Chicago to start what I was all this time expecting. At first we stayed at a near-the-airport hotel and then we moved to an extended stay one, which e are actually about to leave to go for a better one in the suburb of Woodfield, Illinois, 20 mins away from Downtown Chi Town. Which by the way I'm loving this places, so cute, easy going, people are sooooooo nice and definitely a very good vibe. We started doing what they call Guerrilla Marketing, which is basically go around the specific markets, with your devices [cell phones] promotional material, and talk to people about the great products and services...Events? we started that weekend with 2 club events. Which I happened to get sick with a very bad laryngitis, so I lost my voice for a few days. Not funny.

Week DREI: More Guerilla, nothing that exciting. Oh yeah, but beginning this weekend there are several events that I seriously can't wait to start blogging about. But I did one last Saturday, it was what I thought was a concert of this "rancheras" band called Patrulla 81. Uhum. Pretty interesting and colorful, cheerful, happiness. Being in this tyoe of cultural events watching so many peple enjoy their heritage and traditions, makes me miss sooooooo bad when my pops used to take me to the same type of events but a la boricua!! [i miss that a lot!] and WOW! how many big belts, cowboy hatsm tight jeans and boots that night! And I haven't even started with not so gorgeous ladies wearing tight almost glued to the skin fuccia mini skirts! aaaaand boots aaaaaand hats.....WTF? but the point is, they had fun, and I had a blast. Again, If I was a follower, I will definitely be there, dancing my [behind] off!

There's more to come, more concerts, soccer games, even film festivals, and of course, I'll have my dosis of words sprayed here...

No comments:

Post a Comment